As a Manufacturing Technician/ Machine Operator you will have a unique opportunity to work with a prototype of an industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing machine. You will be part of the team that launches the world’s most productive additive manufacturing system.
You will be responsible for completing the machine setup, overseeing the print process and creating post-build reports. You will be responsible for handling the metal powder before and after the build, this includes sieving, loading, part de-powdering, measuring, and safe storage. You will manage the life cycle of the metal powder material, maintaining part-powder traceability, as well as coordinating powder suppliers and powder recycling services.
You will perform preventive maintenance on the machines, including calibration of the measuring systems and laser scanning system, cleaning build volumes and optical components.
Work with metal powder and high-power laser systems will require strict compliance to the safety protocol and proper use of personal protective equipment. You must be able to wear a respirator for extended periods of time. You will evaluate and inspect manufactured parts using precision measurement equipment and will prepare samples for quality control. You will be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for safe and effective usage of all equipment.
In addition to operating the metal 3D printer, you will also operate, on a need basis, equipment in the in-house machine shop, including manual and CNC machines. Serve as a point of contact to outside machining services as needed.
- Excited about new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing environment, operating and working with high-tech production machinery, i.e. CNC machines, additive manufacturing, robotic welding, CMM or similar
- Detail oriented, and well organized
- Two year degree from vocational, college, technical institution or technical military training
- Hands on experience with precision measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, height gages, precision scales etc.)
- Eager to learn new skills
- Team player with great communication skills
- Frequently required to lift, push, pull and carry items up to 50 pounds
- Hands on experience with variety of machining tools
- Experience with one or more technologies: laser welding, directed energy deposition (DED), powder bed fusion (PBF) is a plus
- Capable of diagnosing and fixing malfunctioning equipment problems as they occur
- Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus
- Experience with metal powders is a plus
- Experience with industrial manufacturing is a plus