As a Senior Controls Engineer, your main objective will be to develop and implement automation and controls systems for industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing machines. You will develop motion controls for a novel multi-axis system architecture and oversee its commissioning. You will integrate subsystems including the motion hardware, drive and control electronics, sensors and safety systems. Additional tasks include overseeing and coordinating work of vendors and suppliers of automation subsystems.
You will define development and production milestones and lead the effort to develop controls for the world’s most productive additive manufacturing system. You will work with our multi-disciplinary team to integrate the requirements and physics of the process into the design and optimization of the controls system.
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Experience with B&R machine automation and control platform is a must. Knowledge of other platforms, i.e. Siemens, Beckhoff, Bosch Rexroth is a plus
- BS or MS in electrical, mechanical engineering, robotics or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience with automation and controls of industrial production machinery and applications
- Hands on experience with designing and commissioning motion control for industrial automation
- Hands on experience with multi axis (multi DOF) motion control and industrial robots is a plus
- Programming and debugging skills in a general-purpose language (i.e. C++) and good knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Structured Text Control Language etc.)
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks (Powerlink, EtherCAT, Profinet etc.)
- Team player with great communication skills