As a Senior Process Engineer at VulcanForms your main objective is to design, develop, optimize and implement a metal AM process for industrial applications. You will be responsible for defining and executing process development strategies and roadmaps for the world’s most powerful and advanced AM systems. You will conduct hands-on experiments using our proprietary AM machinery and analyze its outcomes. You will collaborate with our software and controls experts to continuously improve the processes in order to provide our customers with superior parts that meet their qualification criteria.
You will be working closely with both internal and external customers to identify project deliverables and goals, manage and lead the project execution, document and report project progress and results, communicate milestones and deliverables with technical and non-technical leadership and stakeholders.
- Excited about new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical, Materials Engineering or relevant field
- Deep understanding of additive manufacturing methods like powder-bed fusion (PBF) or directed energy deposition (DED) is a plus.
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) and process optimization
- Practical knowledge of metallurgy of alloys especially aluminum, titanium and nickel alloys
- Hands on experience with laboratory equipment for metallography and metallurgical analysis is a plus
- Hands on experience with mechanical and fatigue testing is a plus
- Team player with great communication skills.
- Eager to learn new skills
- This job may require occasional travel to customers and vendors