As the Vice President of Product Marketing you will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing VulcanForms’ overall product marketing strategy. You will be the first dedicated person in the Marketing function at VulcanForms, and you will own all aspects of marketing for the company. This role requires rolling-up your sleeves and dig deep into multiple products and industries for developing optimal product positioning and go-to market strategies that lead to a value-leadership position for VulcanForms in the additive manufacturing industry.
You will work closely with the other members of the executive team to identify and acquire high-value customers and develop deep, long-term relationships. A key aspect of your job is to develop industry specific go to market strategies and pricing models based on total cost of ownership for the customer. You have the ability to dissect large, complex organizations to discover and build relationships with leaders that act as internal champions for VulcanForms. You will also act as the internal champion for customer’s at VulcanForms, to ensure that the company delivers the highest value product to the customer.
You have experience in managing product marketing efforts for high-volume, highly-engineered components that are sold across multiple industries. You have solid experience in engaging customers across executive, R&D, manufacturing and supply chain functions to drive adoption of new products across multiple industries to create a high-value customer pipeline.
You will be a key driver of VulcanForms’ future growth by playing a substantial role in building and training our sales and customer support team to create a formidable, customer centric organization. In addition to being responsible for creating and leading the promotion of our products and services you will also work closely with our engineering and technology development teams to define new product strategies based on market and customer research.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Marketing and Customer Development for highly-engineered, multi-industry products
- Extreme sense of ownership and pride in your work to ensure success of product positioning and adoption
- Deep understanding in creating pricing and business models based on value-creation and total cost of ownership approach
- Excited about taking new challenges in the fast-growing metal additive manufacturing sector and working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in building, training and leading a team of marketers, application and technical sales professionals
- Highly analytical mindset, driven by thorough industry, customer and competitive research
- BA/BS or higher
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally, externally and internally with engineering and other departments
- Experience in understanding, developing and managing customer relations in the industrial sector
- Highly self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Ability to add value to the customer, above and beyond our core products
- Consultative selling/marketing – not looking for a schmoozer or an account manager
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn about new industries, markets, channels, etc.
- Ability to evaluate and pursue/decline opportunities based on merits and organizational goals
- Questions and challenges the company and the executive team
- This is not a remote position and will require the candidate to be located in Burlington, MA office
- This job may require travel up to 50%